If you’ve ever had a mice infestation, you know how frustrating and unnerving it can be. These pesky critters can cause a significant amount of damage to your property and pose serious health risks. They enter homes through tiny openings and crevices and breed rapidly, leading to a full-blown infestation before you know it. The good news is that pest control for mice is highly effective, and you don't have to put up with these unwanted guests.
Signs you have mice
The first step in addressing a mouse infestation is to detect whether you have a problem. Here are some signs to look out for:
- Droppings: Mouse droppings are often found in areas where they feed, such as kitchen pantries, cabinet drawers, and baseboards.
- Gnaw marks: Look for chew marks on food containers, household items, furniture, and walls.
- Tracks: You may see footprints or tail marks in dusty or muddy areas.
- Unusual sounds: Mice are most active at night, so you may hear scratching, scurrying, or squeaking noises in your walls or ceilings.
If you notice any of these signs, it's time to call a professional pest control company.
What to expect from pest control for mice
A professional pest control company offers comprehensive solutions that target mice infestations swiftly and effectively. Here are some common steps that a pest control company will take:
- Inspection: A thorough inspection of your property identifies all of the areas where mice are entering and exiting, identifying the severity of the infestation.
- Exclusion: Pest control professionals will seal off all entry points, making it impossible for mice to move in and out of your property.
- Baiting: A professional-grade bait is scattered in strategic areas throughout your property to lure in mice, guaranteeing swift eradication of the infestation.
- Sanitization: With rodents comes the need for cleaning; pest control professionals will also provide sanitation services to remove all signs of rodent activity.
- Monitoring: Pest control technicians will continually check for new mouse activity, ensuring that the infestation hasn’t returned.
Professional methods to remove mice
There are several professional methods to remove mice effectively and efficiently.
- Traps: Snap traps and live-releasing traps are commonly used for mouse removal, killing the rodent or allowing it to be released elsewhere.
- Baits: Pest control experts utilize various baits to attract mice, including snap-to-trap bait, glue boards, and poisoned bait.
- Preventative measures: Sealing up cracks, placing traps and baits, and using repellents are just a few measures you can take to prevent the entry of mice into your home once the infestation has been eradicated.
For more information on pest removal, contact a professional near you.